Sign in to follow this  
darnik44

What could have we done?

darnik44    1,999

I'm curious to hear some opinions.  What could have we done differently here to engage members and make this site successful both from an activity standpoint and financially.

Al_Kendrick    244

To be honest I don't think you could have done anything different Darren. Speaking for myself. Adding fees to be a member was not feasable for me. With the exchange rate between the Canadian $ and the US $ hurts. Plus the exchange rate also hurt my ability to purchase any cars from you or any of the other dealers here. I also believe NASCAR its self has not done a good job as far as keeping fans, which in turn has hurt sites like this. I know I haven't been active for a long time and that is just due to my work schedule. But I have been here but unable to contribute due to having to pay to post. I wish you well in any future endeavours, and have valued your friendship and that of all members I have the please to have met here.

• Thanks 1

mre1480    44

It wasn't anything that the site did or didn't do that kept me away, it was my financial situation. I have been out of work for 3 years, and add to that my health issues last year, and I just had zero expendable income. I started staying away because it was tempting me to spend money that I really didn't have. I'm sorry to see the site closing down, and wish I could've done more to help.

• Thanks 1

jrracer    572

hey darrin thanks for having me here i have enjoyed it a lot some good people here there is several forums out their and most of them are no activity on them i dont know how they survive maybe get a sponsor for help have you contacted big mike it doesnt help nascar is falling on its face we need some old school in this sport 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

sofa747    344

i dont know what could have been done differently but in my case it was loss of interest in the hobby, health and finances.   i made some good friends here, some acquantinces here, and some enemies i guess.  i hope i see everyone around the web and ones that want to can keep in touch with me thru facebook if your on my friends list.  if your not and want to keep in contact let me know and ill add you 

3DillonRules    44

I don't think you could have done anything different. You created this site and tried to run it on your own dime until it became impossible. I only wish I could have helped. My health the last two years has made it almost impossible to contribute. I have enjoyed it here and will miss it for sure.

Howsonj    248

Not sure what could have been done differently Darren. Just want to thank you for running the site as long as you did, just wish I could have helped out more! Next race season will not be the same without Diecast Hunters!

• Like 1