Tony27    442

I'd like to see the other side as well.  I like the hood and this side, but I never really like Lenox schemes, so the other side may ruin it.

CheerThe3    1,314
5 minutes ago, Tony27 said:

I'd like to see the other side as well.  I like the hood and this side, but I never really like Lenox schemes, so the other side may ruin it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't both sides have to look similar. Seems there was a issue a few years back with a Terry Labonte car that had basically 2 schemes on 1 car and they made him change it

CheerThe3    1,314
10 minutes ago, Tony27 said:

Found this from Wikipedia....

One paint scheme requirement for example is that both the driver and passenger side of the car must share the same color pattern, though the front and rear may be different colors. This safety rule, to avoid confusion for spotters, NASCAR officials, and other drivers, was brought into light in October 2014 at Talladega, when Terry Labonte's Go FAS Racing team painted his No. 32 car in two different color schemes as a tribute to the two-time champion, but prior to NASCAR approval. NASCAR allowed the team to retain the scheme for knock-out qualifying, but forced them to match the two sides for the race.[7] However, by 2016, it seems that NASCAR has either quietly removed this rule or allowed teams to race with a split-side scheme as long as they got the permission to do so, as seen with John Hunter Nemechek'sNo. 8 truck in the 2016 American Ethanol E15 225 and both the No. 3 and No. 31 cars of RDV Compétition during the 2016 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series.

Tony27    442

I wasn't aware they changed that, and I had forgotten about the Labonte deal.  Guess we'll see.  NASCAR seems to find it fit to change rules from day to day, so who knows if it's allowed to have 2 different sides or not.  Kinda dumb, just like not letting drivers use shiny numbers.  That'd be awesome for these throwback schemes.

CheerThe3    1,314
2 minutes ago, Tony27 said:

I wasn't aware they changed that, and I had forgotten about the Labonte deal.  Guess we'll see.  NASCAR seems to find it fit to change rules from day to day, so who knows if it's allowed to have 2 different sides or not.  Kinda dumb, just like not letting drivers use shiny numbers.  That'd be awesome for these throwback schemes.

I always thought the shiny numbers deal was dumb. This with the dual sides makes sense to me

Tony27    442
3 minutes ago, CheerThe3 said:

I always thought the shiny numbers deal was dumb. This with the dual sides makes sense to me

The thing is, supposedly the reason didn't run chrome numbers on his car last year for the grey ghost scheme was because of the rules, but yet, there was other cars that had chrome numbers as I'm looking through the old throwback paint jobs.  Who the hell knows.

CheerThe3    1,314
13 minutes ago, Tony27 said:

The thing is, supposedly the reason didn't run chrome numbers on his car last year for the grey ghost scheme was because of the rules, but yet, there was other cars that had chrome numbers as I'm looking through the old throwback paint jobs.  Who the hell knows.

As history has proved NASCAR rules are not across the board

J-Sweezy88    4,380
On 8/15/2017 at 10:42 AM, CheerThe3 said:

Found this from Wikipedia....

One paint scheme requirement for example is that both the driver and passenger side of the car must share the same color pattern, though the front and rear may be different colors. This safety rule, to avoid confusion for spotters, NASCAR officials, and other drivers, was brought into light in October 2014 at Talladega, when Terry Labonte's Go FAS Racing team painted his No. 32 car in two different color schemes as a tribute to the two-time champion, but prior to NASCAR approval. NASCAR allowed the team to retain the scheme for knock-out qualifying, but forced them to match the two sides for the race.[7] However, by 2016, it seems that NASCAR has either quietly removed this rule or allowed teams to race with a split-side scheme as long as they got the permission to do so, as seen with John Hunter Nemechek'sNo. 8 truck in the 2016 American Ethanol E15 225 and both the No. 3 and No. 31 cars of RDV Compétition during the 2016 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series.

I was just about to bring this up! So are they going to have to change this paint scheme?

JoMo    1,459
On 8/16/2017 at 6:08 PM, J-Sweezy88 said:

I was just about to bring this up! So are they going to have to change this paint scheme?

Got pics of these cars? Don't really remember them...

JoMo    1,459
1 minute ago, J-Sweezy88 said:

This was Terry's that had to be changed:

010610e0092035b54fa568a446e7b145.jpg

Yah. remember that one. had the diecast. sold it.

JoMo    1,459
3 minutes ago, J-Sweezy88 said:

This was Terry's that had to be changed:

010610e0092035b54fa568a446e7b145.jpg

Found the other ones. JHN's was the TMNT truck. THe others are Mcdonalds cars colored white/black and red/black. 

J-Sweezy88    4,380
2 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Found the other ones. JHN's was the TMNT truck. THe others are Mcdonalds cars colored white/black and red/black. 

I forgot to look up the other ones 😂

JoMo    1,459
1 minute ago, J-Sweezy88 said:

I forgot to look up the other ones 😂

They're more boring than Dale Jr's last car. 

CheerThe3    1,314
On 8/16/2017 at 6:08 PM, J-Sweezy88 said:

IDK. Didn't pay attention during qualifying. I am curious though