JoMo

Darlington Throwback Problem

JoMo    1,459

Ok. Was thinking about this today.

This year's theme (2017) is the 1980s.

2018 could be the 90s

2019 could be the 00s

2020 would then be the 2010s?

2021 would be 2020 which makes it a throwback to last years race? 

J-Sweezy88    4,380

I don't fully understand the themed years, because not all the schemes that come out follow the theme. I say just let everyone pick a scheme they feel is a throwback

JoMo    1,459
1 minute ago, J-Sweezy88 said:

I don't fully understand the themed years, because not all the schemes that come out follow the theme. I say just let everyone pick a scheme they feel is a throwback

That's how you end up with 40 Dale sr wrangler tributes...

Christina87    1,637

I don't see the point of the themes. It's not like everyone sticks to them anyway, which it turn (IMO) makes them pointless. However, I'm glad they don't stick to them. I like that the teams have free reign on what they want their throwback to be.

However John @JoMo, I do see your point. I have no idea what they will do about that LOL! All I can think of is either cutting the decades in half and doing '90-'94, '95-'99, '00-'04, '05-'09...... but that would only work for so long too. The other option I can think of is starting over again with the 60s, but after a few times, that would become repetitive with the same iconic schemes being used. 

I say no themes are needed. I like the free reign.

Edited by Christina87

JoMo    1,459
6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I don't see the point of the themes. It's not like everyone sticks to them anyway, which it turn (IMO) makes them pointless. However, I'm glad they don't stick to them. I like that the teams have free reign on what they want their throwback to be.

However John @JoMo, I do see your point. I have no idea what they will do about that LOL! All I can think of is either cutting the decades in half and doing '90-'94, '95-'99, '00-'04, '05-'09...... but that would only work for so long too. The other option I can think of is starting over again with the 60s, but after a few times, that would become repetitive with the same iconic schemes being used. 

I say no themes are needed. I like the free reign.

Maybe they'll just close down Darlington by that point?

Christina87    1,637
6 hours ago, JoMo said:

Maybe they'll just close down Darlington by that point?

Darlington is NEVER going anywhere. At least it better not. I truly doubt it will.

JoMo    1,459
On 9/5/2017 at 0:26 AM, J-Sweezy88 said:

You just gotta keep throwing it back! Even if some schemes get reused. Gives those schemes another chance to be in victory lane at least haha

Let's at least ban any Earnhardt Sr schemes.

JoMo    1,459
Just now, Tony27 said:

Have someone run the Peter Max scheme, lol.

Have the entire field run that scheme. No two cars the same!

Tony27    442
38 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Have the entire field run that scheme. No two cars the same!

I'd rather see them all run the silver select scheme, that'd actually be pretty neat really.  Only difference would be numbers and sponsor logos.  I think it'd look badass on tv.  Suck to be a spotter that day, haha.

CheerThe3    1,314
7 hours ago, Tony27 said:

I'd rather see them all run the silver select scheme, that'd actually be pretty neat really.  Only difference would be numbers and sponsor logos.  I think it'd look badass on tv.  Suck to be a spotter that day, haha.

As a tribute to Sr this would be bad ass actually